If you are using Google Chrome for browsing the internet, then you may have come across with this error message which says “No data received.” Or error code: ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE.” This simply means that there is a bad connection and due to this error you won’t be able to visit that specific website.
However, this error occurred due to various reasons such as corrupted chrome extensions, bad network connection, cluster of temporary files, browser cache etc. so below we discuss the steps to fix ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE Google Chrome Error. These steps will help you in fixing the error easily and quickly. But before starting the process, we suggest you follow the steps in ascending order to avoid troubles and errors.
Steps to Fix Google Chrome ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE Error
If in case something goes wrong that make sure that you have created a restore point. Here how to fix it:
Method-1: Clear Chrome Browser’s Cache
- Launch the Google Chrome.
- Then, click Ctrl + H keys together to open history.
- Subsequently, click on the Clear Browsing data from the left pane.
- Under Obliterate from the following items, confirm that “beginning of time” is selected.
- Checkmark the following from the given list:
- Download history
- Browsing history
- Cached files and images
- Cookies and other plug-in and sire data
- Autofill form data
- Next, click on the Clear browsing data and wait for few minutes to finish it.
- Finally, close your browser and restart your PC.
Once open the Chrome browser and check if your error is fixing if not then continue with the next method.
Method-2: Reset Winsock and TCP/IP
- Firstly, right-click on the Windows button and choose “Admin Command prompt.”
- Again, open the Admin Command Prompt and type the given command one by one:
- ipconfig /flushdns
- netsh int ip reset
- netsh winsock reset
- Click on the Enter key.
- After completing the steps, restart your system for changes to take effects.
Hopefully, this error Google Chrome Error ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE resolved.